My Treasures

I find things I treasure the most
Are friends I made in life,
Those precious few who on the way
Shared all my joys and strife.

Their kindly words and helping hands
When troubles had set in
Renewed my strength and gave me hope
As faith was wearing thin.

They also knew the brighter side
Of picnics when it rained;
And soaking wet, we journeyed home,
A closer friendship gained.

At times we would just sit and talk,
Our secret whims to share.
We spoke of all our hopes and plans,
Unburdened all our cares,

Yes, these friends are treasured people
And treasured memories to;
Like lamplight in the waning day,
They keep my footsteps true.

What though these years of ours be fleeting?
What though the years of youth be flown?
I'll mock old Tempus with repeating,
"I love my love and her alone!"

And when I fall before his reaping,
And when my stuttering speech is dumb,
Think not my love is dead or sleeping,
But that it waits for you to come.

So take, dear love, this little token,
And if there speaks in any line
The sentiment I'd fain have spoken,
Say, will you kiss your Valentine?

 
All images and posts contained in this blog were found on the internet. If by anyhow any of them is offensive to you, please, contact me asking for the removal. If you own copyrights over any of them and do not agree with it being shown here, please send me an email with ownership proof and I will remove it.Email me to bhojani.ashish1@gmail.com